- For Windows: Stand-alone (39MB, includes java).
- Unzip & then run jes.exe
- Version 1.3 (Sept 2013), fixes to also run on XP
- Old versions
- Version 1.2 (Summer 2013)
- Version 1.1 (March, 2013)
- Version 1.0 (Aug 2012)
- Version 0.11 (19 Aug 2011)
- Version 0.10 (20 Mar 2011)
- Version 0.9 (7 June 2010)
- Notes for Windows 8
- Windows needs to mark the downloaded files as trusted.
- After extracting the downloaded zip file:
- Right-click on the folder you unzipped, select "properties"
- Uncheck the "read-only" attribute box, then confirm (OK). This operation may take a few seconds.
- When you run (click on) JES
- JES.bat will trigger a Windows protected your PC message.
- Click on "More info" (not "OK"), then "Run anyway."
- Experts only: Installing Java separately
- Much smaller than the full windows install (12MB) and works on win, mac, linux.
- Don't attempt if you don't completely understand these instructions.
- You must install Java on your computer first. (download from java.com).
- Download and extract (tar appears to be better at not expanding \n into \r\n)
- Run JES.sh from a shell/terminal window on linux/mac or jes.exe on windows.
- For Mac:
- Note that MAC-OS will mis-identify JES as coming from an "untrusted" developer. To override protections:
Do not use JES obtained from other web sites such as Georgia Tech's MediaComp project..
JES is missing critical features and useless for impact-STEM activities.